Penney Design Group is a national, award–winning architecture, design, and planning firm. We are a team of dedicated professionals who collaborate with our clients to create functional and thoughtfully designed spaces. We provide all employees with the opportunity to work on a range of projects from conception to completion in a friendly, engaging, and collaborative workplace environment. We believe that our continued success begins with our people. We are seeking a Project Manager with 5+ years of architectural experience for a full-time, in-office position. Interested applicants should be motivated, organized, and self-driven. Project types include automotive, data centers, retail, office, and interiors. If the responsibilities and qualifications below match your experience, and this sounds like an environment where you would like to work and grow, we would love to hear from you.
- Communicate conceptual designs and work with Senior Project Managers / Principals to create and maintain project documentation before, during, and after construction.
- Create Bid Documents and coordinate with the client and Contractors during Bid and Construction phases.
- Maintain and manage Construction Administration, including communication with Contractors, responding to RFI’s, submittal review, and issuing design changes.
- Coordinate with Authorities Having Jurisdiction for all required approvals.
- Regularly work directly with clients in all aspects of the project.
- Coordinate owners’ vendors through Design and Construction.
- Coordinate with engineering consultants.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years minimum experience in the production of Construction Documents.
- 3+ years minimum experience managing projects during Construction Phase.
- Extensive experience coordinating with engineering consultants
- Proven success and ability to interface with clients.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Proficient in Auto-cad, advanced experience in Adobe suite.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and related software.
- Experience implementing and communicating client design standards preferred.
- Architectural degree required.
- License preferred but not required.