Penney Design Group is a national, award–winning architecture, design, and planning firm. We are a team of dedicated professionals who collaborate with our clients to create functional and thoughtfully designed spaces. We provide all employees with the opportunity to work on a range of projects from conception to completion in a friendly, engaging, and collaborative workplace environment. We believe that our continued success begins with our people. We are seeking a Project Architect with 5+ years of architectural experience for a full-time, in-office position. Interested applicants should be motivated, organized, and self-driven. Project types include commercial, automotive, mission-critical, retail, office, and interiors. If the responsibilities and qualifications below match your experience, and this sounds like an environment where you would like to work and grow, we would love to hear from you.
- Work with the project team and management to develop architectural and conceptual designs.
- Work with the project team and management to develop and prepare technical designs and construction documents.
- Contribute on multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously.
- Aid in the administration of permitting, bid documentation, and project monitoring.
- Assist management in Construction Administration, including responding to RFI’s, submittal review, and issuing design changes.
- Coordinate with project consultants, vendors, and contractors.
- Attend meetings with clients accompanied by project managers.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years minimum experience at an architectural firm.
- 3+ years minimum experience producing Construction Documents.
- Motivated and self-driven with strong organization and communication skills.
- Comfortable and professional in interfacing with clients.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Photoshop; efficient with Revit, Illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp, and the remainder of Adobe programs.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and related software.
- Architectural degree required.
- License preferred but not required.